Hi! I am Martyn Rush, the school counselor for Ramseur Elementary. This is my first year at Ramseur, and I am excited to be a part of this great school!
I obtained my bachelor’s degree in psychology from Clemson University and my master’s degree in school counseling from North Carolina A&T State University. I am married, and I am expecting my first child this November!
As the school counselor, I provide many services including:
- classroom guidance lessons for all k-5 students
- individual and group counseling to meet emotional, social, and academic needs
- community resource and agency referrals, including private counseling referrals
- Ramseur’s 504 coordinator
- assist students and families with needs such as clothing, school supplies, food, etc.
- collaborate with parents, community members, staff, and students to ensure that each student will be successful
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at 336-824-4106.